Going forward, beyond assignment one, a few adjustments to my method of working:
- keep it simple, keep it simple, keep it simple
- I have too many complex themes running around my head that seem hugely complicated to execute. I will continue pursuing the concept of 'alternative ways to photograph the Lake District' (apart from for assignment two). But I suspect my execution will be radically simplified, particularly for assignment three.
- no more colour film with 5x4. Two reasons for this, first I can get 25 sheets of b/w film for the same price as ten colour sheets. So I can take more pictures, make more mistakes and learn more quickly. It also means that if I want to develop my own in the future, I can.
- go back to basics - I need to become much more meticulous with regards the technical aspects of my image making and processes. I'm hoping the slow approach the 5x4 enforces will encourage this.
- I need to tackle the 5x4 without the added complication of people and animals.
- each image will require much more thought with regards concept and execution...I haven't been neglectful of this by any means, but am now acutely aware how much more attention I must devote to it.