Tuesday 13 September 2011

Editing Thought

There is an inspiring and informative post over on the Eric Kim Photography blog with ten quotes from street photographers.  Like with all these things, you've probably heard similar advice before in a variety of guises, but it does no harm to keep reminding yourself and there is always something that makes you think.  I particularly like this quote by Garry Winogrand:
Photographers mistake the emotion they feel while taking the photo as a judgement that the photograph is good.
I am aware of this often when viewing my photos. My favourites can often be those that have something that I like, a person, a feeling, a place. However, when showing my husband who doesn't have the same emotional connection to an image, he will often choose something altogether different.  It does make you think about editing and as Eric suggests in his post, leaving a bit of time between when you took the photo and editing really helps to regain an objective eye over your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment